Monday, February 17, 2014

My "in between" fireplace mantel

It is a sunny, very windy day here in Southern Alberta..and it is Family Day!!! Yeahhh..a day off from work  and one more glorious day of the long week end.    Had the kids in for supper last night, enjoyed watching some home movies and had some good laughs at the boys creative playing!!  Went for breakfast with Darrell this morning, and have made plans to go to a movie with some friends.

This afternoon I am going to curl up with a book and a cuppa tea, and just enjoy being out of the windy weather.  Thought I would share a post of my "in between"  fireplace mantel.  This fireplace was just a mock up that Darrell made so we could get an idea of what we wanted on this wall for the actual fireplace.  We have someone who wants to purchase a quad off of us,,,he is a finishing carpentar and when he suggested offering some of his services in trade for the quad I knew exactly what project I wanted him to finish!!  But, in between waiting, I thought I would keep the mantel decorated...


 This wall is still a work in progress, but for now, the items help fill the space


Pictures from a calendar helped to fill the empty frames.



Enjoy the day!

Would recommend the book
"Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman



6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your in between looks wonderful!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your decorating style Dawna! It looks beautiful. I'm sure the carpenter will make a beautiful fireplace mantel for you. Good trade off! :) Yesterday the wind here was wicked! Just about blew me down. Today was much calmer.

Vee said...

I like it a lot. Calendar pages are not to be scoffed at. And here I thought family day was last week. I'm hopelessly confused! =D Glad that it was a good one.

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic web site, would you be interested in doing an interview regarding how you developed it? If so e-mail me!..Cccam Server

Amy at love made my home said...

Your in between mantle looks lovely, and I like the framed calendar pictures, they often have such great images, this is a great way to keep them. I hope that you can work with the carpenter to get what you want and make a good deal! xx

Lorrie said...

The in-between mantel looks great. Calender photos are often so very pretty, I hate to throw them away.

Light Between Oceans - oh, how I cried. It's a story that I thought and thought about. So good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...