Saturday, January 18, 2014

Learnin in the kitchen....

My mom in law called the other day and asked if I wanted to make perogies on the week end.  They planned on coming for a quick visit.   I thought it would be fun to cook in the kitchen and learn some of her secrets. We always tease her that she never seems to make the recipe the same twice, but its always delicious!

Benny is off on a sledding trip and I knew he would be a little disappointed that he would miss the cooking day with Grandma and Grandpa.....but the freezer is full of perogies!!

Florian, was busy making his delicious beef stroganoff and there was lots going on in the kitchen today!  Followed by a yummy lunch!!  Thanks for the cooking lesson today.  :)



Lots of room at our big kitchen island.


Yum!!



My mom makes the best cabbage rolls!  Even though I would be the only one eating them in my family, I guess I should really be getting a lesson from her on that one!

Enjoy the week end everyone!




7 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

How lovely to do some baking together! It is lovely to have someone to cook with and to learn their secrets. Happy eating! xx

Pamela Gordon said...

That is so nice to see! They look delicious. And I'm sure you all had fun working together. Enjoy!

Gina said...

What a special day spent in the kitchen! Learning the old recipes by the hands that have made them all these years is a wonderful memory to have.

sweetvintageofmine said...

What a sweet post with Grammy and Grampy! Beautiful memories with those you love full of wisdom...looks delish! I am going to check out the room in the BnB you told me about...thanks! Blessings~~~Roxie

Lorrie said...

Homemade perogis can be a lot of work, but they are so delicious. I grew up calling them vreniki - the mennonite term. We actually had some last night for dinner with our kids, along with mennonite farmer's sausage!

How nice to have such bounty in the freezer.

Andrea said...

My grandmas homemade per ogives are hands down my favourite food ever! They are a lot of work, but so worth it. Ok, now I need to make perogies lol

Judy said...

Oh yum! I wish my MIL was still around to keep my freezer stocked with perogies, like she used to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...