Monday, November 4, 2013

Here's what I got done this past week end!

On Saturday, my friend and I went to a scrapbook retreat day!  It was awesome and I got some more pages done for Ben's hockey albumn.  Just a few more pages to go and his minor hockey years are in the memory book!  I am a little tired of seeing black, yellow, and white.  I really wanted to get this albumn done and I have been working on it for a few years.  Sticking with just the team colors was a huge help in staying focused.






Ben's last year of hockey saw the Colts taking home the provincial gold!  It was a great way to end his hockey years in our small home town, on home ice, where this team of boys had huge support!  I posted about that victory back in 2011 here.









It was a nice treat to be the "scrapbooker" on Saturday and have someone else make us lunch and supper!  When we were running the BnB and I would host a week end for ladies to come and scrap, it was a lot of work!  You can read about one such week end here.

 Do you have any "card making" tricks?  I did some research on the Nestabilities dies and decided to treat myself and purchase them at Michaels.  They haappened to be 30% off as well!!  Bonus!  The dies can be used in my Cuddlebug and I hope that it will speed up some of the matting and cutting I do when making cards.


I got this set of cards done and used the Nestabilities on the larger card with the scalloped oval in the middle.  I think they will work great and now I just have to get into a groove where I can produce them a little quicker!











How about you,,,,do you scrapbook, have a favorite hobby?  My little scrapbook room in this house was the first room to get paint and new flooring.  I will work on getting a post done for that this week as I have a week off!!!  Yeahhh,,,had to take my holidays before the year is up.  Not going anywhere, so will maybe get lots of scrappin done!!  Have a great day everyone, and thanks for stopping by the country.

Linking up to :

4 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job on the scrapbook pages for your son. I don't scrapbook at all, just never got into it. I guess my hobby is photography and blogging. I hope you have a great week.

Lorrie said...

Wow, you did an amazing amount of work. Great pages and layouts. I used to scrapbook, and still have intentions, but other things take my time now. Some day....
Love the cards - I'm thinking about making some for Christmas, too. These days I'm sewing for a craft fair.

Gina said...

Looks like you had a very productive weekend! Your scrapbook layouts are fantastic. I used to be a crazy scrapbooker. Now though, I hardly ever do it. I need to pick it up again.

Raewyn said...

Your album and cards are beautiful - your son will appreciate seeing his hockey memories presented like this. I did a scrapbooking introductory day once and really enjoyed it, but haven't done any since.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...