Thursday, November 7, 2013

Before n After Small Space Scrapbook Room

Since I am kind of on a roll with scrapbooking, and I have some time off of work, I am ready to get some photos posted of my scrapbook room!

This is just a small room in the basement and it was one of the first that we renovated when we moved into our house just over a year ago.

BEFORE

This room was being used as an office.  Big oversized furniture pretty much filled it up!


This is a shot from the main room in the basement, crazy cables for internet hung in the weirdiest of places and a shelf on the back wall was pretty much it.


Add some color, a new, inexpensive storage solution, and new flooring and you get a pretty good space to scrapbook in!

AFTER

The light is terrible in this room, so don't mind the terrible pictures!
Darrell rescued this drafting table from the discard pile at work. $25  I wanted an "island" type of work space that I could walk around and this was a good solution.  All the other items in the room I already had and it was fun to have empty walls to decide what to put where.






Darrell put up a piece of metal that I could use as a bulletin board for clips with magnets on them to hold my stamps, easy to see and get at.  I still have more ribbon and would like to come up with a better solution for it.  Anyone have some good ribbon storage ideas, please share  :)





I already had bins and drawers for paper, stickers, etc. but wanted to have them hidden behind doors.  The easiest solution for that was a trip to JYSK where we found these storage cupboards on sale.  2 of them filled the one wall perfectly!  They are not the best in sturdy construction, but will fit the bill just fine in this room.  Plus it was a quick easy solution that didn't require us building something from scratch and i was able to get this room unpacked and organized in no time.



Not sure if I will keep the bench on this wall.  It takes up a bit too much floor space and the one cupboard door is a little crowded when trying to open.  I do like the collage of pictures on that blank wall though.  


There you have it!  One small scrapbook room!  This is my second small space room that I have done for my scrappin collection.  You can view my wee room under the stairwell at our previous house here.

One more time,,,the Before n After


I am off to a card making class today, so hope to gain some good tips.  Then I guess I better come and spend some time in my little room and put all I have leant to good use!
Have a great day!

To see the DINING ROOM reno click here
To see the FAMILY ROOM reno click here

Linking to:




5 comments:

chateau chic said...

Love what you did for your scrapbooking room! Looks like a great organized and cozy place to work.
Mary Alice

Lorrie said...

That is a great before and after. You're so well organized with your scrapbooking. Love the idea of the stamps on clips.

Hope your day card-making was fun.

(I laughed at Happy One's comment, too, although I had to go back and look at it after seeing her apology)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so envious of your workspace! All of your fabulous storage space is to die for! We live in a super small home, so things are quite compact and storage is working out ok, it's the actual work space that I'm missing. It's the kitchen table for me for now!

I'd like to invite you to share this post and up to two others at our From the Farm Blog Hop, which is live right now. Your style of blog posts would fit right in with the wonderful posts that are shared!

From the Farm Blog Hop

Hope to see you there!
~Kristi@Let This Mind Be in You

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed. I used to scrapbook, but I gave it up. Now I scrapbook digitally. But I still use my supplies for all kinds of things. By the way, the is LC from charmingfarming.com signing in from my other blog because for some reason it won't let me sign is as CF.

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

What a great creative space. Kudos to you for making it over in such a fabulous way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...