Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Watch your step...

There is an acreage on my way into town that has a herd of horses.  I have been watching them and waiting for a good photo opportunity....I am not quite happy with these pictures yet, but thought I would post them anyways.





I will keep taking my camera along with me and maybe I will get the perfect shot!  While I was taking these pictures, I almost stepped on a duck's nest!!  Boy, did mamma duck give me a scare when all of a sudden she flew up out of the grass!  She attempted the "broken wing" trick to lead me astray!  I quickly snapped my picture ( thats why it is a little blurry...)  and cleared out of her territory.  



Have a great day and thanks for stopping by the country!




2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Lovely horses. To look at. I'm not much of a rider.
I'm so glad you didn't step on the duck eggs. But it would be easy to do with them nestled in the grass like that.
I hope you're having a great week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog, but these horse shots are among my favs... WoW!!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...