Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mosaic Monday and Easter week end...




It has been a warmer week end which made me very happy!  I have enjoyed going to the Good Friday service this week as well as our Sunday morning service today to celebrate our Risen Lord!   Everyone seemed to sing "He Lives" with great energy and thankfulness!

I have been asking Ben most of the week end if he was going to dye eggs with me....I finally got an answer..."I am 18 you know mom!"...so this morning before I made waffles with blueberries and whip cream I dyed a few by myself!....guess I will have to wait for grandkids to come along to have a few more join my easter egg party!

Kaleb was not able to come home this week end and I am missing him.  He is busy in the recording studio this week with The Social Threat!  (the band he is in...)  Their CD release party will be in June, so that will be exciting for him.  I am waiting for a CD from a photographer who took some pictures of the band so I can share them with you in an upcoming post.

My pictures today are from odds and ends this week end.  I have enjoyed getting out for my morning walks.  With all the extra moisture filling the ditches and shallow spots, there are lots of birds around.  I counted about 10 different species in a matter of my 4 miles that I cover.  This morning, we had some visitors in the yard...about 5 deer were quitely walking about.  I got thinking of my blogfriend, Lorrie, and the deer problems she is having on Vancouver Island where she lives.... I managed to get the door open and get one good shot of a couple of them before their keen hearing made them jump the fence!





This cute little bucket with the No. 2 on it was one of my finds at HomeSense this spring.  I thought it would be the perfect little spot for the eggs that I dyed today.  I also used the antique editing feature in Picasa.  This will be my Mosaic Monday post over at  the Little Red House.  Be sure to check out Mary's blog with all the great mosaic posts.














I am also posting over at Debbie's "Newbie Party"... a great idea to us that are new in blogland.  Hope you will take a peak over at her site!

Also adding this to Photo feature Friday over at A Rosy Note




Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

How cute! Hope you enjoyed your Easter. Thank you for joining my newbie party.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! You've photographed and displayed that very well!

Lanell said...

I want one of those buckets. Thanks for stopping at my blog. I'm your newest follower and excited to look over your blog.

Kim said...

I want a bucket too!!! Great blog. I'm here from Debbie's party and happy to be your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

Gina said...

Awesome pictures & I love the bucket!

Val said...

Those buckets are beyond adorable!

Lorrie said...

Cute bucket, and a fun mosaic. We didn't dye eggs this year either - something I sort of miss. Like you, I'll wait until the grandbaby grows a little older.
Oh, those deer....

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

I LOVE that bucket!! So cute! It was perfect with you Easter eggs! I was stopping by to see if you had made a post on your kitchen makeover....anxiously waiting!!

Jill said...

Neat mosaic. My son is 16 and still joined in a bit with the little ones dying eggs. The years are numbered though I know.

Anonymous said...

I love them all. Gorgeous photos. Those eggs in the bucket are great!

Unknown said...

I love your photos of the bucket with the eggs!

Tricia said...

Oh my heavens...I love the little bucket with the eggs! Very cute. Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures at Photo Feature Friday :)

~Tricia

FYH said...

Love the soft colors of your eggs. Beautiful shots!

Unknown said...

what a great treasure find! great vignette and photos!

Gale Wall said...

Cute subject and composition.

hootnonny said...

Lovely collage! Love the country look!

alicia said...

Love that first egg photo in the bucket. Just gorgeous!

Linda said...

Wonderful photos here!!
So glad to have found your blog!!

Bohemian said...

I just love the pastel eggs in the Bucket! Everyone's Photo entries are SO inspirational and it inspires me to learn more about the Art of Photography so that I can enhance my own photos and Blog Space.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Charlotte Wilson said...

Lovely photos especially the eggs in that cute bucket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...