Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Mosaic Monday :)

 My son, Ben, and I were able to go on the school trip to Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland in April 2010.  I can't believe it was already a year ago!  I absolutely loved the old buildings, the cobblestone streets, the many interesting windows and doorways.  Venice was great!!  We were there just before the peak tourist season, so it wasn't  too crazy crowded.  I hope you will enjoy some of my photos from that trip, and I definately want to see more of Italy.

I am linking this to Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House.





And we are off.....

I love how this turned out,,,kinda gives you the feel of the hustle and bustle of an airport, yet Ben and his friend stayed in focus.   Don't know how I did that one????


These next few pictures were taken at Rothenburg.  They had a little market in the square that day.




I thought this man looked kinda interesting..


 A church in the little village we stayed in.  It was Easter week end and the village was almost deserted...everyone must go away on Easter week end??




Venice was great!  I loved all the little pathways, waterways and the old buildings.  Boy could you ever get lost in this city!!


 Our gondalier, we were told that the gondaliers job is becoming a thing of the past, alot of the younger generation is not interested in doing this .  What would Venice be without a ride in a gondola?



 My friend Emily,,,carnival masks are a popular souvenier from Venice


 Ben in Verona, at the House of Julietta.  We were in the same spot that some of the footage for the movie, Letters to Juliet was filmed!  Kinda neat!



More carnival masks at the Verona market square.



Stay tuned and I will post more pictures of our trip at a later date.  How about you, where are some interesting places you have visited.  Would your ideal trip be a hot tropical one, one filled with history, one filled with daring adventure....would love to hear your comments!   Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

8 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Love the shuttered window and the round one. Europe is well known for flower window boxes, very pretty.

Vee said...

Love the vibrant colors and the photography...very nice. I've never visited Europe, but I'd certainly love to.

A Garden of Threads said...

That must have been a wonderful trip. It looks like you had a fabulous time. The pictures are great.

Snap said...

What a wonderful European trip. Lovely!

Unknown said...

What an amazing trip! I can't believe that Gondoliers might be a thing of the past. You are so right! What would Venice be without them?

Verde Farm said...

Beautiful pictures. I would love to take that exact trip. I think the people shots are great too--you’re right, that man is interesting. So sad about the Gondaliers.
Amy at Verde Farm

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Beautiful buildings with so much character and color!!! Great photos!!!

My Dream Canvas said...

This is a lovely mosaic! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.hugs Anu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...